A few weeks ago, I got this amazing award. In fact, it’s called the Über-Amazing Blog award. Just knocked my socks off and I’ve been blushing ever since. It’s taken me a few weeks to make this shy admission in public that I have been so honored.
My nomination for the award came from Nicole who writes the wonderful blog at deliberatelife.com, which I highly recommend in return. Not only is her own blog a great read, but she’s also led me to many other interesting blogs through the links she’s chosen to list in her sidebar. Thank you, Nicole.
The award does come with some obligations and the rules are as follows:
- Put the award logo on your blog or post.
- Nominate at least 1 blog that you consider to be Uber Amazing!
- Let them know that they have received this Uber Amazing award by commenting on their blog.
- Share the love by linking your post about this award to the person you received your award from.
And so my nominees, if I may also nominate two, are:
- the Elbis stories by Mulele Jarvis at mulele.com/comics.
Although on hiatus at the moment, the story archives are a wonderful collection of 3 to 5 panel manga stories published one panel per day during the past year. Mulele is a talented artist, for sure, and the tone of his writing is calm, modest, and appealing. I love the philosophical musings told through the life of Elbis the cat, and I’m looking forward to a new set of adventures in 2009. In the meantime, enjoy the archives. They’re so worth reading.
- A Journey of Machine Embroidery by Sadia Andrews at Sadiasews.com
Sadia was my first digitizing teacher at the American Embroidery Conference in 2007. Though I haven’t seen her in a few years, I do keep up with her through her blog. For those of us in the digital embroidery world, Sadia is a constant font of information and inspiration.
Isn’t it lovely how blogs make the world go round. Thank you, Nicole, Mulele and Sadia for contributing so much to my world.